Friday, April 26, 2013

Time for This

"Do you not find yourselves forgetful of Jesus?
Some creature steals away your heart,
and you are unmindful of Him upon whom your affection ought to be set.
Some earthly business engrosses your attention when
you should fix your eye steadily upon the cross.
It is the incessant turmoil of the world, 
the constant attraction of earthly things
which takes the soul away from Christ.

While memory too well preserves a poisonous weed, 
it allows the Rose of Sharon to wither.

Let us charge ourselves to bind a heavenly forget-me-not about our hearts for Jesus, our beloved,
and, whatever else we let slip, 
let us firmly hold onto Him."
Charles Spurgeon (in plain English)



"When religion has said its last word, there is little that we need other than God Himself.  The evil habit of seeking God-and effectively prevents us from finding God in full revelation.  In the 'and' lies our great woe.  If we omit the 'and' we shall soon find God, and in Him we shall find that for which we have all our lives been secretly longing. "
A.W.  Tozer



"And the LORD said to Aaron, “You shall have no inheritance in their land, neither shall you have any portion among them. I am your portion and your inheritance among the people of Israel."    Numbers 18:20

This is what I will think on, in the garden today, as I pull weed after weed up out of the 
rich soil in which almost anything can grow.  It's up to me to clear away that which would choke up the beauty.

And so along with Tozer, I pray....


"Oh God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more.  I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace.  I am ashamed of my lack of desire.  O God, the Triune God, I want to want Thee;  I long to be filled with longing;  I thirst to be made more thirsty still.  Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed.  Begin in mercy a new work of love within me.  Say to my soul, 'Rise up, my love, may fair one, and come away.'  Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wandered so long.  
In Jesus' Name, Amen."

~Maria


No comments:

Post a Comment